Ir al contenido principal

The Best Concert Ever

What's the best concert you've ever been to and why? Bear in mind:
  • when / where it was 
  • the artist they saw 
  • a bit of info about the artist 
  • describe the atmosphere during the event 
  • describe how you felt and why you enjoyed it 
  • any other memories about it 

    Don't forget to:
  • add pictures.
  • make comments on three of your classmates's posts and your teacher's one too. 
  • use no less than 170 words. 
Lollapalooza

In spite of the fact that I've been compulsively collecting music for quite a long time, I haven't attended as many of my favourite artists' gigs as I would like to. To me, this is sort of an unacceptable audiophile case, as anyone who dares to call himself/herself a true music lover is expected to enjoy music in its purest and highest sound quality. There's no better way to judge music value than listening to artists live, especially when talking about music styles that are supposed be really loud. 
Anyway, I think the best live-music experience I've ever had was in summer, when I attended the Lollapalooza festival in Chile for the first time. That was one of the best moments I've had in ages because I don't really remember the last time I went to a concert. I could say that the main reason why I rarely go to see a band live is money. I mean, buying a ticket here in Chile is quite expensive; actually, one of the most expensive services in South America. Is it worth paying about CL$ 170,000 to see some of your favourite artists? If you do the math, attending a lollapalooza is like spending CL$ 14,000 on a CD every month, which is almost the amount of money you can religiously pay for an indie release at Sonar store in Providencia. 
felt so incredibly lucky to have had the chance to see The National and Spoon, two of the most important alternative bands now, in my biased opinion. They were both amazing!; the perfect combination of a sense of sadness and cathartically aggressive guitars.
I have already paid for the next Lollapalooza edition, So I hope The War on Drugs will join the lineup.

Comentarios

  1. I agree. Live music is the best in the world, but concert prices are unacceptable. Before, I attended many recitals, but suddenly the prices increased their value. Now I prefer to get on a bus and listen to live music for a small coin hahahahaha

    ResponderEliminar
  2. its really sad the amount of money that we have to pay to see the artist in chile, i think that is the reason that i dont go to a concert a long time ago, but i think lollapalooza its a great experience with a lot of great artists, see ya

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I would really like to go sometime to the musical festival, because in this show one can see many artists for the same price, i like to go Woodstaco Rock Festival that happen in the Montaña of Teno very near of my house in Curico but I never have money for the tickets

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Yes, expensive tickets are one of the reasons why I don´t go to concerts.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. It is very expensive! But an event like Lollapalooza is worth it. I hope that one day access to music will be cheaper

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Yes! It's so sad the expensive that is to go to a concert, specially Lollapalooza, but I still would love to go someday.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I would love to go to Lollapalooza someday!! I hope your favorite artists go to the next edition c:

    ResponderEliminar
  8. For my Lollapalooza it is too expensive, I also believe that this music event is overrated by the media. Live the free concert!

    ResponderEliminar

  9. I'm glad that I was able to live that experience! I would like to go one day too, but it is too expensive for me.

    ResponderEliminar
  10. How sad is not to have gone to Lolapalooza this year!! I lost Mac Demarco, Anderson.Paak and Metronomy

    (tears falling) =(

    ResponderEliminar
  11. The access to music and culture in general must be cheaper, as society we need more spaces like those in where people can share good moments and express themselves

    ResponderEliminar
  12. It is much expensive, i went in 2013 but invited for my brother, in this opportunity i can enjoy of Pearl Jam in live and it was amazing!!

    ResponderEliminar
  13. Lollapalooza tickets are very expensive ... That's why I have not gone. I think it's a big, big, big business. (That does not mean that the bands that play there are excellent)

    ResponderEliminar
  14. Lollapalooza is very expensive for my but i was work in this concert in 2015 and reach saw a Molotov hahaha is very amazing this event

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

My future Job

Today's post will be about your career expectations. Try to answer these questions as you plan your writing: What kind of job would you like to have? How do you imagine it?  Outddoors/indoors? What about the salary? What major are you studying/are you thinking of taking? Add any other related ideas. As always, include comments on three of your classmates' posts plus a comment on mine too. Try not to write less than 210 words. Teaching while doing Uber I'm considering the possibility of furthering my studies in linguistics. Surely I must have said something about this before. Though I could continue working as I am doing it now, taking into account that I am already in a very good position, there is still/always a need to  have a much deeper understanding of how and why something works in my professional field. That is to say, you never end up completely satisfied with what you do. You always find a 'but' in the way. Do not misread me. This is n

What's your favourite TV show/movie?

As we previously agreed in class, this time we will be writing about our favourite TV show(s)/ movie(s). Before you write, try to think about the following: why you like that TV show / movie (personal review) What it is about ( storyline) credits (cast/director/photography) favourite episode/scene favourite actor's line any detail you deem worth sharing. Leave comments on three of your classmates' blog posts and one on mine too. A quality post should have no less than 300 words.  The beauty of (paying attention to) simple things About two years ago, I was really depressed. I had to get over a relationship breakup, deal with shitty jobs, and sort out my MA thesis report. Ergo, I was going nowhere. I felt like a lost-and-found office deep inside -finding comfort in my friends was not really an option for me, as I was very ashamed of not being capable of solving my own problems (vicious circle), so I didn´t want to talk to anyone about my misery. The only thing

Are You Into Social Media?

Yep, today we have a sort of universal theme that anyone can relate to in some way. Don't tell me that you have no idea about what social media/networks are. The idea is you write about: your favourite social media platform(s)/site(s). how often you check your social media/why? your opinion about them. statistics you deem worth mentioning. any interesting ideas you consider worth sharing with your classmates and the world. Remember to leave comments on three of your classmates' blogs and mine too, please. And a quality composition should be in no less than 180 words this time. Make the world great (for us) time and again I'm gonna be brutally honest with you. I'm not the sort of person who desperately checks his latest Facebook notifications, replies Whatsapp messages in the loo, gives his opinions on the most important up-to-date events and matters on Twitter, or uploads private pictures on Instagram. I just simply don't see why I shoul